Guide For Your First Job — 70 Awesome Links to Get Started8 min readReading Time: 6 minutes
Searching for your first job and being assured of whether you are on the right track or not. Sounds difficult, right? Not anymore. You do not need to sweat your palms or clench your teeth in nervousness while searching for your first job or appearing for your first interview. With this article, we are providing you with all the necessities that will make sure that you are on the right track and can achieve all that you desire for in your career.
This article is an amalgamation of resources about how you should go about searching for your first job and prepare for the interview process. After all, you do not want to go wrong and take a chance with the starting point of your career.
Tips For Your First Job
Knowing what you want to look for while searching for your first job and how to prepare for it is a vital resource for every job seeker. After all, you do not want to keep looking for a job in an indefinite cycle. And if you have the right tactics and knowledge, finding a job can be hassle-free. So here are the most refined resources which will help you give a kick start to your professional life.
- Best tips for your first job — Traineesearch.com
- Top 10 Tips for Your First Job — Collegexpress.com
- 5 tips to help you love your first job — Transparency.kununu.com
- 7 Tips On Starting Your First Job — Bubble-jobs.co.uk
- 10 tips to be successful on your first job — libgig.com
- Starting Your First Job: 5 Tips for Success — Whitwanders.com
- First Job Advice: How To Succeed In Your First Month- Good.co
- 3 Pieces of Advice I Wish Someone Gave Me Before My First Job — Career.noomii.com
- How to go about getting your first job — Cv-library.co.uk
- Starting Your First Job: Expectations Versus Reality — Mindtools.com
- Life Lessons from My First Job — Selectonellc.com
- 5 Steps To Help You Find And Land Your First Job — Sparkhire.com
Did you just receive a call and are looking forward to an interview? An interview is indeed one of the toughest yet easiest rounds of landing a job. You have a few minutes to prove yourself and assure the interviewer of your worthiness. So you cannot miss on making the best impression possible. The below mentioned interview preparation blogs will help you put your best foot forward.
- 3 Things To Prepare For First Job Interviews — Jobmob.co.il
- Preparing For Your Job Interview — Webdschool.com
- Best Way to Prepare for First Job Interview — Teststreams.com
- First Job Interview Questions for Students: 12 You’ll Get, and How to Answer Them - Blog.4tests.com
- 11 tips for how to ace a job interview — Ef.com
- Crack Your First Job Interview! — Workex.jobs
- What to expect from your first job interview — Bluesky-pr.com
- First Job Interview in 20 Years? Here’s how to Nail It! — Myklassroom.com
- First Job Interview: 10 Things You Should Know — Hongkiat.com
- Top 20 Entry-Level Job Interview Questions and Answers — Wayup.com
Tips For Group Discussion
Group Discussion is given a lot of importance in the interview process. So while preparing for an interview, you cannot miss out on preparing for the GD. A Group Discussion tests your listening skills, speaking skills, analytical skills, as well as your confidence. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you take part in the GD effectively and confidently. So, to help you refine your skills and be able to exhibit the qualities in an improved way, we have enlisted the best blogs in the niche.
- GD Preparation Strategy, GD Preparation Tips, Group Discussion Preparation — Robotmateplus.com
- How to Stand Out in Group Tasks and Discussions — Interview-skills.co.uk
- Top Group discussion topics for placements with Tips and Guidelines ‑Blog.oureducation.in
- Group Discussion (GD) Topics — GD Explained — Admitkard.com
- Group Discussion in Business Communication — Freebcomnotes.blogspot.com
Clearing The Technical Round
If you are applying for a technical job, you need to be prepared for an additional technical round. However, it is important to know that the purpose of a technical round is to not just analyze your technical knowledge. The interviewer is also interested in evaluating how you approach and solve different problems. The list of these blogs will make sure that you are aware of all kinds of topics that you should be prepared for well in advance. While other rounds of the interview gauge your skills, the technical round helps the recruiter decide whether the applicant is fit for the job or not.
- How to crack any Technical Interview — Best Interview Question — Bestinterviewquestion.com
- Cracking a technical interview — Hackerearth.com
- How to Answer All the Technical Interview Questions Recruiters Ask — Skillcrush.com
- Ace Your Tech Interview — Launchcode.org
- How to Land the Job: Tech Interview Tips from a Developer — Freshworks.io
- Interview Preparation — Tips To Crack Technical Interviews — Networkershome.com
- How to Ace Your First Technical Interview — Girlsintech.org
- My Tech Interviews Experience: Failures, Successes and Tips for you — Patrickbalestra.com9
The HR Round
The HR Round is mandatory in every interview. You need to keep in mind that the HRs are experts in the interview process and know about all the typical questions to ask. So you need to be extra prepared for this round. Moreover, the HR has a major say in the final decision of whether you are the perfect candidate that they were looking for or not. They evaluate your soft skills, which are a basic necessity in every job. So embrace your answering skills with these blogs about various frequently asked interview questions, all written by experts.
- HR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS — Learnprogramingbyluckysir.blogspot.com
- 10 Tricky HR Interview Questions & Their Answers — Humanresourcesblog.in
- Human Resources Interview Questions — Jobinterviewtools.com
- 5 Most Common Interview Questions for Freshers — Proschoolonline.com
- Common HR Interview Questions with Answers — Vskills.in
- The HR Interview Questions You Are Guaranteed to Be Asked — Study.com
- 35 Most Common Interview Questions and How to Answer Them — Resumonk.com
- 4 Curveball HR Interview Questions for Experienced Candidates — Blog.instahyre.com
- Top 20 Fresher Interview Questions With Best Answers — Myamcat.com
Dos and Don’ts for the First Job
Your first job is an experience you will never forget. From the application you fill, to the interview you give and the job you land, it will always be an indelible impression throughout your life. So you need to be extra certain that you do not take any wrong steps on your first job. You need to exhibit the right image, because as they say, the first impression stays on forever. So help yourself with these top blogs about the dos and don’ts for your first job.
- The do’s and don’ts of finding your first job — Theinterngroup.com
- Dos and Don’ts: Making a Great First Impression — Choosework.ssa.gov
- Ace the Interview: Top 5 Do’s and Don’ts - Collegegrad.com
- Dos and Don’ts of a Job Interview — Selecthealth.org
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Online Job Hunting — Socialtalent.com
- Job interview dos and don’ts — Blazingedge.io
- The 9 Do’s and Don’ts of Job Interviewing — Blog.studentlifenetwork.com
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Applying to Jobs — Collegexpress.com
Another important dilemma that people always find themselves in is what to wear for the interview or on the first day of your job. You need to choose an outfit that best defines you and the one you feel comfortable in. So here are a few expert blogs that can guide you about what would suit you the best according to your preferences and style.
- Formal interview dress code for females — Bumsa.com
- Job Interview Dress Code – Successful Dress Code Tips — Jobinterviewtools.com
- What to Wear to an Interview — Roberthalf.com
- Dress Code for Your Job Interview - Forcebrands.com
- Interview Dress Code — What works for women — Thepanel.com
- Interview Tips for Dress Code, Body Language, and More — Rezrunner.com
- What to Wear to a Job Interview:Men — Blog.marsplayapp.com
- First impression: job interview dress code — Inforcontracting.com
- Dress to Impress: The Best Outfits for a Job Interview — Picard.com.sg
- Dressing for an Interview: Practical Dos and Don’t’s — Brightermonday.co.ke
How To Handle The First Day of Job
The first day of your job is certain to make you feel nervous as well as excited. You will be trying to learn the ropes, make a good impression, greet employees around you, and so much more. And all eyes will be on you so you need to be extra careful and presentable. Therefore, there are a few unwritten rules that you can follow and make the best day out of your first day with these blogs.
- 9 Tips for Surviving Your First Day in IT — Academy.vertabelo.com
- Welcome to Your First Day of Work: Here’s What to Expect — Inhersight.com
- 11 Things To Do On Your First Day At A New Job — Recruiterly.com
- First Day At Work | 5 Things You Must Do — Rentomojo.com
- First Day Rules For Your New Job — Brightwater.ie
How To Deal With Rejection
Haven’t heard back from the interview that you last gave? You need to get over it. An interview is not the end of the world and it is just another opportunity for you to learn something new. Never blame yourself for not being selected in an interview. An interview can never judge your professional validation. With the following blog, you can learn a number of ways about how you can make the best out of an interview rejection as well.
- How to deal with Rejection in a Job Interview Positively- Vasitum.com
- How to deal with an interview rejection and bounce back stronger- Codingninjas.com
- Dealing With Rejection After a Job Interview: Now What? — Planted.com