Back to results:
craigslist allentown / cropwell, US
Posted on: 28 May 2023
Job Location: Jacksonville, US
Requisition 35069: 2023 Electrical Apprentice Signal Trainee - Jacksonville, IL (WRW)
Apprentice Signal Trainees will be trained to perform the duties of Signal Workers. Signal Workers are an important link between ensuring compliance to FRA regulations and customer satisfaction while achieving the safest most efficient railroad operations.
* Signal Workers are primarily responsible for performing FRA regulatory test and inspection of the signals systems.
* Install, repair, and maintain, test and inspect various equipment such as signals lights, switch machines, electrical switch locks, switch circuit controllers as well as crossing warning devices as well as the maintenance and repair of automatic classification yards.
* Install, repair, maintain, test, and inspect signal systems including Automatic Block, Traffic Control, Positive Train Control, cab signal and interlocking systems
* Other general duties include cable locates, painting and housekeeping of signal housings & equipment; climb and troubleshoot signal structures and make electrical connections.
* Use of a wide variety of hand tools, on track high-rail equipment, and test instruments
* Perform construction duties, including digging holes and trenches to lay cables, wiring apparatus, setting foundations, installing equipment, etc.
Apprentice Signal Trainee Training Program
* Successful applicants will participate in a 52-week paid apprenticeship training program that includes in-class theory and lab work with hands-on skill development in the field.
Week 1-3: Signal Training-1 (McDonough, GA)
Week 4-16: OJT Signal Construction Gang
Week 11-19: Signal Training-2 (McDonough, GA)
Weeks 20-40: OJT Signal Maintenance Training
Week 41-43: Signal Training-3 (McDonough, GA)
Weeks 44-52: Additional OJT training
* The in-class portion of the training program consists of three sessions that are three weeks long each. These sessions are in McDonough, GA and are mandatory.
* Apprentices will be required to pass a series of periodic tests relating to duties, responsibilities, and operating rules. In the circumstance that an apprentice fails any of the periodic testing, their application for employment may be rejected at that time.
* Apprentices that successfully complete the training will then be placed on the seniority district roster hired and is eligible to bid on Signalman or Signal Maintainer roles.
Eastern Region Seniority Districts: Buffalo NY, Binghamton NY, Albany NY, Hartford CT, Allentown PA, Reading PA, Harrisburg PA, Pittsburgh, PA
N&W Region Seniority Districts: Erie PA, Cleveland OH, Akron OH, Columbus OH, Fort Wayne IN, A
Southern Lines East Seniority Districts: Raleigh NC, Ashville NC, Charlotte NC, Columbia SC, Greenville SC, Gainesville GA, Knoxville TN, Memphis TN, Huntsville AL, Jackson MS
Southern Lines West Seniority Districts: Jacksonville FL, Macon GA, Atlanta GA, Birmingham AL, Hattiesburg MS, Chattanooga GA, Louisville KY, Evansville IN, St. Louis MO, Lexington KY
* Probation period is 90 days.
* Required to get Class A CDL in probation period.
Rate of Pay
Initial 3 weeks at the Norfolk Southern Training Center - Compensation is $70.00 per day
First Period (through day 130) - Compensation is $33.53 per hour
Second period (next 130 days) - Compensation is $33.88 per hour
After completion of these 275 days, new hires will receive 100%, which is $34.57 per hour
* Company Benefits - Eligible 1st day of second month after hire (during training)
* 80/20 plan for employee, spouse, and eligible dependents
* Union Benefits available after mark-up from Trainee status
* Medical (Managed or 85/15 Plan)
* $20K Life Insurance
* 401 (K) First Day of Employment
* After 1st year of service: Eligible for Dental / Vision
Job Related Experience:
* Minimum Level: 1-2 years
* Preferred Level: 3-5 years
* Required: High School diploma or GED
* Preferred Level: Technical Certification or Associate degree (AS)
* Preferred Majors: Electrical Technician, Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineer
Licenses / Certifications:
* Required: None listed
* Preferred: None listed
Skills and Abilities:
* Time Management
* Prioritizing Work Demands
* Communication Skills
* Planning and Organizing
* MS Excel/Spreadsheets, MS Outlook, and MS Word/Word Processing
Predecessor Jobs: None
Future Jobs: Supervisor C&S
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: Yes
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
2023 Electrical Apprentice Signal Trainee - Jacksonville, IL (WRW)
28 May 2023
© 2023 Receptix. All Rights Reserved.